The future of mobility requires rethinking everything from ownership to interfaces. Humanity is tasked with balancing increasingly complex transport needs, growing connectivity and data and climate change.
BeIntelli, is working towards shaping a new mobility ecosystem and is calling on students to come up with new ideas where innovative applications and services come together.
Are you up to the task? Choose one of the four categories to submit your ideas.
With coordinated and connected autonomous mobility (CCAM) new ways of moving people unlock. Can you think of more environmentally-friendly and convenient ways of transportation across transport modes?
autonomous bus and tram
Vehicle on demand
rail, air, water and road transport
Enhanced urban living
By combining different data sources coming from sensors, radars and other intelligent systems real-time feedback of the status on the ground becomes a reality. Cycles, roads, pedestrians, vehicles and the weather provide valuable insights which combined, make space for unprecedented innovation. What new data-based business models can arise?
smart pedestrian crossing
Moving goods to and within urban settings is a herculean task. Congestion, road closures, carbon emissions and other unexpected factors make last-mile logistics a perfect candidate for trying out new ways of doing things. Can you think of one?
Last-mile autonomous vehicles
Predictive demand planning
Advancing autonomous driving
Fully autonomous driving promises safer, more accessible and useful roads for citizens globally. However, achieving full autonomy requires overcoming complexities, which can only be tackled with innovative ideas. Do you have an idea on how to improve the basic capabilities of autonomous driving?
- Tracking and detecting other road users
- Lane assistance
- V2X communication
Mentoring the teams
Receive expert advice from leaders in automotive and AI
Win up to € 10.000 to develop your idea
Be part of the Center for Tangible AI and Digitalization in Berlin
A desk at ZEKI coworking space for you/your team
How it works
If you are applying as a student:
- as an individual or within a team, all members must be currently or recently enrolled (not longer than a year ago) full-time at a university academic program either in an undergraduate or graduate level at the time of your submission
If you are applying as a start-up:
- Your startup must be at either pre-seed or seed stage.
- Cash prize for the top 3 winning ideas: 10.000 € first place, 7.000 € second place, €5.000 third place
- Mentoring from leaders in the automotive industry to continue developing the idea
- Workspace at ZEKI in Berlin for the duration of BeIntelli
- Networking opportunities
- The money must be exclusively used in further developing the idea and must be spent within 18 months the duration of BeIntelli, after the winners announcement. If the money is not used within this time window, BeIntelli reserves the right to re-invest the cash in its own activities.
- For round one, 6-7 slides should suffice. The slides should give the selection panel enough information to judge your idea. You can find an example here
- For round 2, pitch your idea virtually using a Business Model Canvas.
- For round 3, pitch your idea in presence lasting no longer than 10 minutes.
- A slide set in a common digital format, such as, DOC, DOCX, PDF, PPT, PPTX, KEY.
- In English.
- Travel costs will be covered for those students who need to commute to the final pitch ceremony. Limits to the number of team members who can commute will be evaluated based on the available budget and distance of travel.
- Finalists will be selected utilizing a rubric with a series of categories. You can view the full rubric here.
- Is there a real problem?
- Can you demonstrate a clear solution that addresses the problem? Is it scalable? Would there be users for your solution?
- Is the solution different enough from what already exists? Does it have a competitive advantage?
- Is it financially viable? Can it be developed?
- Does it help achieve one or more SDGs?
- During the preliminary rounds, the judging panel will be a committee made up of members from academia. For the final round judging, an expert committee including members of the government, industry and academia will be set.
- BeIntelli’s AI Mobility Match is an open student competition, and it will not claim ownership of any intellectual property (e.g. copyrights, trademarks, patents) from submissions. However, as consideration for entry into the competition, students grant BeIntelli the right to copy, reproduce and use submitted materials, photos and videos of the competition for the exclusive purpose of promoting the competition.
- No, submitting your project proposal is free
- If you are selected as one of the top 30 teams, you and your team members will receive a digital certificate of participation, which you can for example use on your social media channels such as LinkedIn to share and celebrate your achievements.